You cannot understand the severity of a problem until you experience the same issue as well. This is what happens when you start to face minor issues with using your AOL email client on your iOS device. When you don’t give heed to these minor issues, they, later on, turn into a grave problem becoming the biggest nightmare of your life. There is so much important data stored over in our email inbox and we can only get access to it by carrying out the AOL mail login process.
Unfortunately, there are times when you cannot get into your mailbox due to some reasons. Nowadays, this is happening with a lot of AOL mail users as they cannot open their email accounts on their iPhones. Thus, if you are also a victim of one such problem, then you should try to fix the AOL mail not working on the iPhone issue at the earliest.
So, first of all, we shall have a glance at why you are experiencing this issue and then we will discuss a few ways to tackle the AOL mail problems on your iPhone.
Why is AOL mail not working on the iPhone?
Among several known and unknown reasons, some of the most common reasons why this issue has chosen your iPhone as its victim are listed below:
- You are using bad AOL mail login credentials for signing in
- You are probably visiting incorrect AOL mail site or you have downloaded a fake copy of the AOL mail app on your iOS device
- AOL mail servers are down or it is facing outages
- The AOL site for logging in is undergoing maintenance
- Your device has not been connected to a stable network
- You are using an outdated version of the AOL mail app
- Your device is not meeting the AOL mail system requirements
- Somebody has hacked your account
- You have not cleared your device’s cache memory for a long
Know Also >> How to set up AOL Mail on Mac using POP or IMAP?
Despite these reasons, there could be some other reasons as well that are not letting you access your AOL mail account on your iPhone. Once you have found out the actual cause of the issue, then resolving the problem could be easier.
Methods to fix the issue
Method 1- Turn on & off the airplane mode
Starting from the basic solution, first, you should turn on the “Airplane” mode on your iPhone and then turn it off after a while. Doing this helps restore network connectivity and refreshes your phone along with clearing some minor glitches with it. If you do not know how to turn on or enable airplane mode on your iPhone, then you should follow these steps. After following these steps, you should check if you are able to complete the AOL mail login process or not.
- Unlock your iPhone and swipe on your screen
- Navigate to the top-left corner
- Tap on the “Airplane” icon present there
- It would turn on the airplane mode
- To disable it, simply tap on the same icon again
Make sure you wait a few minutes before disabling the airplane mode. Do not disable it immediately.
Method 2- Remove and re-add your AOL mail account
This is probably one of the most suitable ways to fix the AOL mail login issues on an iPhone. The methods to remove as well as add AOL account once again are listed here:
To remove an AOL account from an iPhone-
- Unlock your iPhone and go to its “Settings”
- Then, choose the “Passwords & Accounts” menu
- And, scroll down to find the AOL account
- After tapping on it, the related settings would appear
- From there, choose the “Delete account” option
After you have successfully removed your account, it’s time to add it back.
To re-add your account-
- Again go to the “Settings” of your iPhone after unlocking it
- Afterward, choose “Passwords & Accounts”
- Navigate to the bottom of the page
- And, then select the “Add account” button
- From the list that shows up, choose “AOL.”
- Now, enter your AOL mail login details to sign in
Method 3- install updates (if you are using the AOL mail app)
The next thing you can try is to install the latest updates of the AOL mail application available on your device. Once you install the app update, it would definitely start to work as it should be. If that fails to help you in accessing your account, move to the next solution.
Method 4- Reset iPhone’s network settings
Resetting the network settings on an iPhone helps in getting rid of some network-related issues on your device. To do so:
- Launch the “Settings” application on your device
- Now, tap on the “General” menu
- Now, keep scrolling down, find out the “Reset” option, and tap on it
- From the “Reset” page, you should choose “Reset Network Settings”
- On the next screen, you should confirm your action
Method 5- log out of all the devices
If you have logged in to your AOL mail login account through multiple devices, then you should log out from your AOL account from all those devices and try to access your account one more time.
Know Also >> A Walkthrough for Beginners to use AOL Mail Features
In this post, we have seen how easy it was to fix AOL mail-related issues on an iPhone. If you have a Mac or iPad, then also you may try these workarounds to get rid of AOL mail issues on them. Just keep in mind a few easy tips and you may never face issues again.