Despite the protective shield in AOL mail, there are some of the spam files that slip down from the AOL spam detection filer. If that too happens with you then you need to mark that specific email as spam. It will let the system know that such files can harm your device. It also helps the user to make AOL mail even better at recognizing future spam emails. . For certain spam messages in the inbox, you will see the mails that are there and allow you to take certain corrective actions. Here in this article, we will elaborate on the instructions to manage unwanted emails while using AOL mail. So, let us get started!
Marking AOL emails as spam
Once you have marked an email as spam, all the pending messages that are to be delivered to you from the sender in your contact list will directly go to the spam folder. To do this, you have to follow the essential steps that are directed below:
- First of all, you have to go to the AOL mail account.
- Tap on the spam message from your inbox folder.
- Now, click on the “Remove the sender and mark as spam” button and the message will be then moved to the spam folder.
- And also, the sender will be removed from the contact list.
- Remember, if you tap on the “It’s safe” button, the future messages from the same sender will start to deliver in your inbox.
How to mark a mail as “not spam”?
If you have by mistake marked the item as spam mail, then to fix it, you have to go to the spam folder and tap on the “It’s not a spam” button. Doing this will move the message into the inbox and the upcoming messages from the same sender will be delivered to your inbox.
How to create a filter for spam emails in AOL Mail?
It is important to know that it is one of the best ideas to mark an actual malicious email as spam as it enables the users to ensure that they do not get future emails from that particular user. However, if you need to create a filter to block such email subscriptions then you can add these senders to your block list. There are steps you need to follow in order to create a filter for such spam emails, here are the steps:
- Tap on the “Options| Mail settings” option that is under the Username.
- You have to click on the “Block senders” tab.
- Just enter the username or the email address that you wish to block as a recipient.
- Now, tap on the “+” icon.
- After this, click on the “Save settings” option.
- If you wish to remove an address from the spam filter, then go to the address and tap on the “X” button.
We hope that this article has helped you in managing the spam files and emails while you are using the AOL account. However, if you are still stuck in between the steps or you wish to gather more information, then it is suggested to visit the AOL official website and get assistance for the same by the professional experts available to assist you online.